After surprisingly Wingnut Wings more or less disappeared from the scene in 2020, there is now a kind of comeback, at least a 40-product „short-term comeback“.
More on that in this post.
We are very pleased to once again be able to offer you a large selection of kits from Wingnut Wings. The products have spent the last few years in a warehouse in New Zealand just waiting to finally be rescued/bought by MBK.
When we have received the container delivery, there should be no more stock from this manufacturer. Yes, I know, we already wrote in 2020 that nothing will follow. But this time we are even more certain. 😉
When the kits are gone, they really are gone. We do not expect any more new deliveries and the Wingnut Wings chapter will then be closed for good.
First of all we would like to share some information with you.
Pre-Orders & Reservations
Pre-orders and reservations are not possible. Please refrain from inquiries about this.
Start of sales / When will the products be available?
We are currently assuming that we will be able to start the special sale from the beginning/mid of January 2023. We will inform you about the exact date about 14 days in advance.
You will find the information here in the blog as well as on our social media channels. We will also send out one (or more) newsletters on this subject.
Availability Notification / Stock Alert
You will find the „Stock Alert“ button for all products. You can use this to register for an automatic e-mail that will inform you as soon as the article is available.
Activating the Stock Alert is not a binding reservation. This is just a notification service from us.
After registering, you will automatically receive an email from us with the subject „Validation Stock Alert“. There you will find a link to confirm your registration.
You will not receive a notification without confirmation via the link. Each registration must be confirmed.
Maximum order quantity per kit
For reasons of fairness, we have decided to introduce a maximum order quantity for Wingnut Wings products. Each customer can order a maximum of three pieces from a kit. More is not possible.
It will be possible to order more than three different products from Wingnut Wings. The quantity limit only applies per item.
Why are pre-orders not possible?
When the container shipment arrives to us, we will check the condition first. This means we check whether the products are externally undamaged and whether the content is complete.
We carry out these quality assurance measures with every delivery, but in this case it is something special. If products are damaged and/or incomplete, we cannot obtain a replacement from Wingnut Wings.
We want to protect you from possible disappointment if we are unable to deliver an ordered product and therefore do not offer any products in advance.
Number of pieces / Which quantities do you receive from which product?
Unfortunately, we will not provide you with the information.
Where can I find the kits once they become available?
All available products can be found in the shop after the start of sales:
Alternatively, you can also access the products using the links below.
We expect the following products:
- wnw32021 Fokker E.1 (Early)
- wnw32023 Rumpler C.IV early
- wnw32026 Roland C.II
- wnw32029 Fokker E.IV
- wnw32034 AEG G.IV (Early)
- wnw32035 AMC DH.9
- wnw32036 Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 (early)
- wnw32037 Rumpler C.IV late
- wnw32038 Salmson 2-A2 / Otsu 1
- wnw32040 DFW C.V – mid production
- wnw32041 Roland C.IIa (late)
- wnw32042 AEG G.IV (late)
- wnw32045 Gotha G.1
- wnw32046 Albatros B.II (Early)
- wnw32049 Halberstadt Cl.II (Early)
- wnw32050 Felixstowe F.2a (Early)
- wnw32053 Gotha UWD
- wnw32055 Sopwith Pup “Gnome”
- wnw32057 DFW C.V – late production
- wnw32058 Jeannin Stahltaube (1914)
- wnw32059 Salmson 2-A2 ‘USAS’
- wnw32060 Bristol F.2b Fighter (Post War)
- wnw32061 DH.9a “NINAK” (Post War)
- wnw32062 Halberstadt Cl.II (Late)
- wnw32065 Junkers D.1
- wnw32066 Felixstowe F.2a (Late)
- wnw32067 Fokker D.VII early
- wnw32070 Sopwith F.1 Camel “BR.1”
- wnw32071 Sopwith F.1 Camel “Le Rhone”
- wnw32072 Sopwith F.1 Camel “USAS”
- wnw32073 Sopwith 5F.1 Dolphin
- wnw32079 Hannover Cl.II (Early)
- wnw32603 Fokker E.II “Max Immelmann”
- wnw32605 Fokker D.VII F “Hermann Göring”
- wnw32606 AMC DH.2 “Lanoe Hawker”
- wnw32607 Sopwith Triplane “Raymond Collishaw”
- wnw32608 Sopwith 7F.1 Snipe “William Barker”
- wnw32801 Felixstowe F.2a & Hansa-Brandenburg W.29
- wnw32803 Sopwith F.1 Camel & LVG C.VI
- wnw32804 Halberstadt Cl.II & RE.8 “Harry Tate” Duellists
We will inform you as soon as we have set a date for the start of sales. Advance orders and/or reservations are not possible.
By the way, some of the former employees of Wingnut Wings got together and founded a new manufacturer. You can also find the models from KOTARE Models here:
Even when a story ends, a new chapter for model building opens.